Writer. Performer. NYC Tour Guide.
CURRENTLY APPEARING IN:
SMALL TOWN STORY
A world premiere musical
by Sammy Buck and
Brandon James Gwinn
May 31-June 10 at the South Orange Performing Arts Center in NJ
Listen to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's Tituss Burgess read my New York Times essay "A Prince Charming for the Prom (Not Ever After, Though)" on WBUR's Modern Love podcast by clicking here.
Frank Paiva is a writer, performer, and NYC tour guide. He wrote about movies for MSN.com for nine years. His work has also appeared in the Seattle Weekly, the Not for Tourists guide, and the monthly newsletter for his grandmother’s mobile home park for seniors.
As a performer Frank has appeared in plays at Theatre for a New Audience, La MaMa, HERE Arts Center, Bushwick Starr, and the Flea Theater.
Frank is a former Dollywood season pass holder and an advocate for eating the last slice of pizza.
- Began rehearsals for the world premiere musical Small Town Story at the South Orange Performing Arts Center
- Got everything ready for the June launch of my web series Catwalk Kings
- Completed the first two episodes of Catwalk Kings
- My new solo show Frank Paiva is Zero Feet Away premieres at The PIT Loft
- Navigated an endless cavalcade of Catwalk Kings post-production
- Toured the Jelly Belly factory
- Wrote a pilot script for a 30-minute version of Catwalk Kings
- Saw Howard the Duck for the first time
- Shot the first two episodes of Catwalk Kings
- Signed a contract for the premiere of Frank Paiva is Zero Feet Away
- Held auditions for Catwalk Kings on the first snowy day of the year
- Dreamed of a day when the Hallmark Channel will become progressive enough to add a gay best friend to one of their Christmas movies
Still reading all the way down here?
Who are you?
Some kind of stalker?